These delicious muffins are rich in brain-boosting and anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats while also containing a hidden veggie! My recipe:
– 3/4 cup brown rice flour
– 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
– 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 3/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 cup coconut sugar (I used a little less)
– 1 banana, mashed
– 1 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
– 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
– 1/2 cup nondairy milk (I used cashew)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 Tbsp chia seeds
– 1 Tbsp flaxseed (ground)
– handful raw walnut pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare paper liners in your muffin tray- lightly spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking (optional).
2. In a medium bowl, whisk: both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
3. In another bowl, use a mixer to cream the banana, apple sauce, and coconut sugar
4. Add in nondairy milk, vanilla, zucchini, chia seeds, flaxseed, and walnut pieces
5. Add flour mix to wet mix and stir until combined
6. Spoon batter into liners. Bake for 20 minutes or unti a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
* Can be easily stored in the freezer.